We recognizes that its activities impact upon the environment both through its routine internal operations, its infrastructural development, and through its influence and effects on the wider community. It acknowledges a responsibility for, and a commitment to, protection of the environment at all levels. The company will comply fully with environmental legislation and is in addition committed to continued efforts to:
- Promote environmental management policies and practices at every level and in every operation of the company.
- Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff and students.
- Minimize waste and pollution and develop and operate environmentally sound waste management procedures.
- Continue to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and to incorporate long term strategies for energy efficiency into planning and development.
- Continue to encourage and facilitate modes of transport by employees which minimize environmental impact, and to apply environmentally friendly principles to the operation of company owned vehicles.
- Reduce water consumption.
- Promote a purchasing policy which will give preference, as far as practicable, to those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment.
- Avoid wherever practical the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and processes.
- Maintain the company building in an environmentally sensitive way, having regard to protection of local natural habitats and preservation of biological diversity.
- Consider environmental factors in respect of the growth of the company, seeking as far as is practical to reduce harmful environmental impacts and to integrate new developments into the local environment.
- Work with other local, national and other agencies as appropriate to promote environmental policies.
Progress in implementing this policy is reviewed annually by the management and updated where appropriate.